<
>

Also view

Rua dos Fanqueiros, 112

The Look

Praça dos Restauradores, 72

To rehabilitate is not to do it again; it is to analyze, to study and to propose the solution that fits in the models and ways of life today, yet recovering and dignifying the heritage. The building featured a pombaline cage construction, over which the wooden raised floors are relieved. The structure, also made of wood is complemented by two interior front walls, with crosses of Saint Andrew, arranged parallel to the façades, in the anterior and posterior alignments of the stairwell.

Architecture Carlos Sousa Coelho | Miguel Passos de Almeida
Structures Maria do Carmo Baptista Vieira | Miguel Plá Villar
Hydraulic Rita V. P. Duarte | Miguel Plá Villar
Electricity Carlos Vieira
ITED Rui Liberato
AVAC João Duarte Teixeira Pinto

The Place

Intervening in a building located in one of the most emblematic squares of Lisbon, especially when it is more than 150 years old, always brings a blend of sensations. On the one hand it is appealing, on the other hand, it carries a huge weight, provided by its history and heritage. The building of Praça dos Restauradores n º 69 to 75, built in the middle of the 19th century, was integrated in the complementary restructuring plan of the Baixa, with records of its construction pointing to the period between 1844 and 1855. The typical volumetry of the Pombaline model, with 4 original floors and an enlarged floor in a large penthouse / “window” comprises five of the seven spans of the façade and dates from the end of the 19th century and / or the beginning of the 20th century.

The Work

At a structural level, the slabs were settled on wooden beams supported by metal profiles. The entire roof was rebuilt in wooden beams, visible from 4th floor apartments. The floor was executed in oak floating and the ceilings of the rooms are of the type “skirt and shirt”, very characteristic of this type of buildings. At the level of carpentry, the main objective was always to try to maintain the “soul” of the building with trimmings, doors and doorways of the various spans with many roundings and cutouts, similar to the original ones. The paneling contributed to the building maintaining its original essence of wood and two colors, bottle green and white. The façade was completely repaired, both at the level of the masonry wall and the railing. The latter was kept as original, filled with snails, a form so characteristic of these type of buildings.

Construction

Rehabilitation

Obrigado

Esteja atento à sua caixa de email.

Tentaremos ser o mais breve possível no contacto.